I have been a big fan of Sia Furler since she released “Taken For Granted” in the UK back in 2000. She has featured on a fair few songs in the last year with established artists such as David Guetta (“Titanium” and “She Wolf”) and Flo Rida (“Wild Ones”) but these are my favourite songs where she is on her own. I was lucky enough to see her live in 2008 in Leeds, and she was just simply amazing. I love Sia so much that I walked down the aisle at my wedding to “Day Too Soon” 🙂
I have just been nominated for the Versatile Blogger award by lovesofalibrarian.wordpress.com so thank you Rachel, I am very excited! 🙂
If you don’t know the Versatile blogger rules, here they are:
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
* Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
* Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
* Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. (I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
* Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
* Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
The blogs I have chosen to nominate are:
Here are 7 facts about myself:
1. I am a size 6, 7 or 8 shoe (depending on the shoe) even though I am only 5’1″
2. My favourite live performance I went to was Sia in Leeds in 2008
3. I hate flying and can only fly if I have taken Kalms
4. I have had several pet gerbils over the years, and once we have a bigger place I will get some more
5. I have girl crushes on Jennifer Coolidge and Jessie J
6. I haven’t yet managed to finish Donkey Kong on the Wii without it completing some of the levels for me!
7. I have a Hello Kitty obsession, even though I am 34 🙂
Thank you again Rachel for nominating me! 🙂
I just popped into the garden for a couple of minutes and I was stunned to feel a strange sensation on my face. I looked up into the sky, and felt a warmth. That warmth started a flashback in my mind of all of the times I had felt it in the past, and then I realised: the sun was shining! There may be snow on the ground, but the sun is shining! Oh sun, I have missed you!
I know snow looks pretty when you’re inside looking out, but this is not the right time of year for large volumes of snow to fall. Why? Because I already have frog spawn in my pond, and the daffodils have sprouted, and the ducks near my work will get cold. Fingers crossed they’ll all be ok…
Well, it’s Thursday again! Just a short post tonight as I am exhausted and will be going to bed soon. I checked the scales this morning, and I am now 14 stones 13lbs, which means I have lost 11lbs in 2 months!! 😀
Everybody knows I love to share my favourite new and old music, and today is no exception! In honour of today being St. Patrick’s Day, here are my favourite songs by Irish artists. Enjoy!
I’ve been way too busy recently to post about #ThinThursday but I am getting back on that wagon this week and I will start posting again on Thursdays about my progress. I haven’t even been weighing myself so I have no idea where I’m up to, so we’ll see on Thursday 🙂
Because I have been so crazily busy recently, I haven’t had a chance to listen to the radio or watch TV, so I have missed out on loads of new music. Thankfully, I have been introduced to new music this week via people’s blog posts. This is one of the things I love the most about WordPress: learning about stuff you might have missed out on otherwise. Below are the songs I have been introduced to this week that I have had on repeat 🙂
I haven’t done a film post in ages, so I thought I’d subject you to my favourite dance films (and yes, a couple of them include yummy Channing Tatum…). I have included the trailer in case you haven’t seen the film.
Strictly Ballroom (1992)
I used to watch this film on VHS video when I was a teenager, and I watched it that many times I think I must have worn out the tape! It’s one of my favourite Australian films along with Muriel’s Wedding and The Adventures Of Priscilla, Queen Of The Desert. All three films star the wonderful Bill Hunter, who sadly is no longer with us.
Coyote Ugly (2000)
Such a great girlie film! I can’t hear The Devil Went Down To Georgia without remembering the girls dancing on the bar. I’ve always wanted to go to a bar like Coyote, and maybe I will one day as there are currently 21 Coyote Ugly saloons worldwide 🙂
This was the first film I saw Jessica Alba in and I can’t believe it’s been 10 years already since it came out. It also stars the guy who played the kid in Big (1988). He looks exactly the same!
Step Up (2006)
Channing Tatum is a good looking guy. Step Up is a great film that I could watch again and again. It’s so lovely that Channing met his wife Jenna Dewan on set and they are happily married now and expecting their first child. That’s a real romance right there!
Step Up 2: The Streets (2008)
Now, Channing is in this sequel, but only briefly, unfortunately, but he still manages to look fit throughout. What a professional!
Make It Happen (2008)
This was the last film I saw at the cinema, which I can’t quite believe: it’s been 5 years in the summer since I went to the cinema. Blimey! Anyhow, this is a great film, which follows in the tradition of Step Up: dancing, pretty girl, love, aw 🙂
If I’ve missed off your favourite, let me know as I may not have seen it, and I am always looking for new films to add to my LoveFilm list 😀
Today, I was nominated for my first ever Liebster award by Peace, Love & Great Country Music (http://peacelovegreatcountrymusic.com/). Thank you for nominating me, I’m really excited as this hasn’t happened to me before now 🙂
I didn’t really know much about what the Liebster award was, but the rules are:
1. Copy and paste the award on your blog and thank the person who nominated you, include a link back to their blog
2. Answer the 11 questions from the person who nominated you, list 11 random facts about yourself, and create 11 questions for your nominees
3. Nominate 11 blogs with 200 or less followers who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
I was tasked with answering the below 11 questions before I have to volunteer 11 facts about me… *bites nails*
1. What is your favourite day of the week?
Definitely Saturday. I work Monday to Friday, so Saturday is the first full day I get to spend with Michael. And yes, we are one of those sickly couples who love to be with each other 24/7!
2. Do you prefer a radio or television?
I prefer television, as I love trash TV and music reality shows, which wouldn’t work the same way on radio. I’m really looking forward to the return of The Voice soon 🙂
3. What appliance could you not live without?
I’d say the PC or my laptop. I really do spend most of my waking life on it, and I’d be stuck if there was a power cut or something else similarly catastrophic :S
4. What is your favourite song or cd out right now?
I have two songs on loop right now: Snow Patrol “Called Out In The Dark” and The Script “Six Degrees Of Separation”. I love the video to Snow Patrol’s song, I’d love Gary and the lady director to get together as I think they make a cute couple. Plus Jack Davenport is gorgeous in it!
5. You are stranded in an elevator. Who would you not want stuck in there with you and why?
I’m a naturally chatty person, in fact I’m a bit of a babbler, so I think someone who was quiet or non-chatty would be disastrous, as I’d probably end up doing their heads in, which would add to an already bad enough situation!
6. Would you rather be a bee or a bird?
Definitely a bird. Birds are fab, it must be such a fun life being a sparrow or a robin, flying around with your mates, eating berries and worms 🙂
7. Do you prefer to rent a movie or go to the movies?
I’ve had LoveFilm for years now, so I think I’ve been spoilt by being able to stay in with a DVD. The last time I went to the cinema was to see Wild Child in 2008!
8. What is your dream occupation?
I always said that it was to work for a charity. I’ve worked for charities in the past, and I really enjoyed the feeling of satisfaction that you turning up to work today actually benefitted someone, somewhere. Now I’d say, for Michael and I to be working together full-time on the many upcoming projects he has planned 🙂
9. Do you prefer rain or snow?
Good question. I prefer rain if I’m inside, preferably with a snuggly duvet, a cup of tea and a good film to watch, but I prefer to be in snow as I’m a big kid and I love making snowballs and snowmen 🙂
10. What is your favorite quote?
Carpe diem. I had it tattooed on the back of my neck years ago, and it’s a motto I’ve always tried to live my life by.
11. If you could do one thing that you knew no one would ever find out about, what would you choose?
Ooooh, another good question! I have been sat here for ages, and I honestly can’t think of anything!
OK, onto my 11 random facts…
1. My favourite colours are pink and blue.
2. The last car I had driving lessons in was a Peugeot 307.
3. When I was in my 20’s, I was 1.5 inches taller than I am now at 34.
4. I love tea, but I don’t like coffee.
5. I have OCD, and when I tidy a room, I have to start at a doorway and clean clockwise only.
6. I love playing Super Mario and Donkey Kong, but I’m no good at 3D games, and usually I die that many times, the game offers to do the level for me…
7. I once farted so loud that I woke Michael up with a fright. So a few nights later, I deliberately waited and did it again. In my defence, he is a major prankster on me!
8. One of my favourite bands is Girls Aloud, and I have seen them live 3 times 🙂
9. I love the film Shaun Of The Dead, but in general I don’t like zombies. I prefer kittens.
10. I love riding my bike. My bike is a pink Pashley 🙂
11. I once crimped my hair when I was about 15, and because I crimped my thick fringe, everyone at youth club that evening called me Bungle from the kids TV show “Rainbow”. When I left the house, I’d thought I looked great! 😦
My 11 questions for my nominees are below:
1. If you could be a superhero for just one day, who would it be?
2. What are your 5 favourite films?
3. What food or drink could you not live without?
4. Have you ever met anyone famous?
5. Have you got anything exciting planned for 2013?
6. Where has been your favourite place to visit?
7. If you were in charge and you could get anything banned forever, what would it be?
8. Are you addicted to social media?
9. Do you have any phobias?
10. Did you want to change your name as a child?
11. Are we human, or are we dancers?
My 11 nominees are, in alphabetical order:
Have fun everyone! 😀