Today, I was nominated for my first ever Liebster award by Peace, Love & Great Country Music (http://peacelovegreatcountrymusic.com/). Thank you for nominating me, I’m really excited as this hasn’t happened to me before now 🙂
I didn’t really know much about what the Liebster award was, but the rules are:
1. Copy and paste the award on your blog and thank the person who nominated you, include a link back to their blog
2. Answer the 11 questions from the person who nominated you, list 11 random facts about yourself, and create 11 questions for your nominees
3. Nominate 11 blogs with 200 or less followers who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
I was tasked with answering the below 11 questions before I have to volunteer 11 facts about me… *bites nails*
1. What is your favourite day of the week?
Definitely Saturday. I work Monday to Friday, so Saturday is the first full day I get to spend with Michael. And yes, we are one of those sickly couples who love to be with each other 24/7!
2. Do you prefer a radio or television?
I prefer television, as I love trash TV and music reality shows, which wouldn’t work the same way on radio. I’m really looking forward to the return of The Voice soon 🙂
3. What appliance could you not live without?
I’d say the PC or my laptop. I really do spend most of my waking life on it, and I’d be stuck if there was a power cut or something else similarly catastrophic :S
4. What is your favourite song or cd out right now?
I have two songs on loop right now: Snow Patrol “Called Out In The Dark” and The Script “Six Degrees Of Separation”. I love the video to Snow Patrol’s song, I’d love Gary and the lady director to get together as I think they make a cute couple. Plus Jack Davenport is gorgeous in it!
5. You are stranded in an elevator. Who would you not want stuck in there with you and why?
I’m a naturally chatty person, in fact I’m a bit of a babbler, so I think someone who was quiet or non-chatty would be disastrous, as I’d probably end up doing their heads in, which would add to an already bad enough situation!
6. Would you rather be a bee or a bird?
Definitely a bird. Birds are fab, it must be such a fun life being a sparrow or a robin, flying around with your mates, eating berries and worms 🙂
7. Do you prefer to rent a movie or go to the movies?
I’ve had LoveFilm for years now, so I think I’ve been spoilt by being able to stay in with a DVD. The last time I went to the cinema was to see Wild Child in 2008!
8. What is your dream occupation?
I always said that it was to work for a charity. I’ve worked for charities in the past, and I really enjoyed the feeling of satisfaction that you turning up to work today actually benefitted someone, somewhere. Now I’d say, for Michael and I to be working together full-time on the many upcoming projects he has planned 🙂
9. Do you prefer rain or snow?
Good question. I prefer rain if I’m inside, preferably with a snuggly duvet, a cup of tea and a good film to watch, but I prefer to be in snow as I’m a big kid and I love making snowballs and snowmen 🙂
10. What is your favorite quote?
Carpe diem. I had it tattooed on the back of my neck years ago, and it’s a motto I’ve always tried to live my life by.
11. If you could do one thing that you knew no one would ever find out about, what would you choose?
Ooooh, another good question! I have been sat here for ages, and I honestly can’t think of anything!
OK, onto my 11 random facts…
1. My favourite colours are pink and blue.
2. The last car I had driving lessons in was a Peugeot 307.
3. When I was in my 20’s, I was 1.5 inches taller than I am now at 34.
4. I love tea, but I don’t like coffee.
5. I have OCD, and when I tidy a room, I have to start at a doorway and clean clockwise only.
6. I love playing Super Mario and Donkey Kong, but I’m no good at 3D games, and usually I die that many times, the game offers to do the level for me…
7. I once farted so loud that I woke Michael up with a fright. So a few nights later, I deliberately waited and did it again. In my defence, he is a major prankster on me!
8. One of my favourite bands is Girls Aloud, and I have seen them live 3 times 🙂
9. I love the film Shaun Of The Dead, but in general I don’t like zombies. I prefer kittens.
10. I love riding my bike. My bike is a pink Pashley 🙂
11. I once crimped my hair when I was about 15, and because I crimped my thick fringe, everyone at youth club that evening called me Bungle from the kids TV show “Rainbow”. When I left the house, I’d thought I looked great! 😦
My 11 questions for my nominees are below:
1. If you could be a superhero for just one day, who would it be?
2. What are your 5 favourite films?
3. What food or drink could you not live without?
4. Have you ever met anyone famous?
5. Have you got anything exciting planned for 2013?
6. Where has been your favourite place to visit?
7. If you were in charge and you could get anything banned forever, what would it be?
8. Are you addicted to social media?
9. Do you have any phobias?
10. Did you want to change your name as a child?
11. Are we human, or are we dancers?
My 11 nominees are, in alphabetical order:
Have fun everyone! 😀