Michael decided to make some flapjacks recently but didn’t believe that you needed butter or golden syrup to do this. He devised the below recipe, and I have to say: they are gorgeous, and so easy to make, that even I could make them if I wanted to, but I think they’d be much tastier if Michael carried on making them 😀
600g porridge oats
600g semi skimmed milk
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/gas mark 4.
2. Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl and then place the mixture into 2 square baking tins (ours are 8″ by 8″).
3. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes in the middle of the oven.
4. Turn the flapjacks out onto a wire tray to cool.
5. Once cool, cut them into 9 per tray (3 by 3).
Though I said to cut them once cooled, no-one here can actually wait that long, so we cut ours first and eat them hot!