Thank you so much to the lovely Vinnie for my Liebster Award! It’s always an honour to get an award from my blogging peers 🙂
The rules of the Liebster Award are, you answer the questions posed to you by the person who nominated you, you think up 11 questions and pose them to 11 of your chosen blogs. I have no idea why it’s 11 questions and blogs, but I’ve usually seen it to be 11. I like to read the answers to the questions other people have asked, it’s a great way to learn more about the people you follow and leads onto all kinds of conversations 🙂
So, here are the questions Vinnie posed to me:
1. What do you find most beneficial about being a blogger?
I actually wrote this answer after writing number 6 as I’d originally skipped it, so now I know that it gives me the opportunity to just chill out and read some amazing blog posts by clever and funny people 🙂
2. What are your views on nudism?
I used to live in Brighton and they have a nudist beach and it never bothered me. I think it’s great that there are nudist camps where nudists can just be themselves without worrying about complaints or the police trying to arrest them.
3. Have you ever gone to see a movie that you were too young to watch at the time?
No, I am so dull! I would never have dared try in case my mum found out. I’d have been for the high jump if she did!
4. If you could date a Hollywood star, who would it be?
Before I was happily married, I would have said Channing Tatum. I love Step Up, he’s so good in that.
5. If you were the supreme ruler of a country, what would be the first law you would pass?
That people had to be nicer/more helpful/more supportive/any positive trait really, or they’d be thrown in jail. I know that’s unrealistic as how would you even police that? There doesn’t need to be the amount of murders, burglaries, crimes, etc. that there are daily, it’s so sad to constantly read negative news in the, erm, news. I love blogs like Kindness Blog, they share the most inspirational stories, guaranteed to make you smile. And cry.
6. What do you consider to be the best thing about your blog?
Another hard question! I don’t really think about my blog. I think because I run so many other websites; for Michelle’s books, for the magazine, for events and attractions, this blog is my downtime blog, where I get to chat about what films I’ve seen, or music I like, or “it’s hug your cat day!” type posts! So I guess the best thing is, it helps me chill out after a crazy day at work before I start working on all of my other websites! Thanks Vinnie, I hadn’t thought of it like that before!
7. Do you believe in the supernatural or paranormal?
I do believe in the supernatural and paranormal. I had to look up what the difference was and I still don’t fully understand it. I have experienced things in the past I couldn’t explain away and I sometimes feel like I pick up ‘messages’ for people. I don’t exactly hear a ‘message’ as clearly as someone verbally delivering it, it’s a weird intuition. A lot of my ‘messages’ for people have come true, I have quite a high hit rate. I have no idea what it is though.
8. Where is your dream destination for a holiday?
Believe it or not, with all of the places we can travel to, it’s Brighton. I lived there for just over a year a long time ago, and of all of the places I have lived (I am now living in my 7th city), Brighton was hands down my ultimate favourite. It’s such a great place to live, there’s always something going on. I moved there in a very cold February, and even though it’s by the seaside, there was plenty going on. From eating freshly cooked doughnuts on the pier, to going to the aquarium, to going shopping in The Lanes and Churchill Square, Brighton is a great place for a holiday and if I ever won the lottery, I’d buy a house there in a second.
9. What is the first horror movie you recall viewing?
The People Under the Stairs (1991) when I was around 14. I had a small portable TV in my bedroom, and it was on Channel 4 as part of some horror season, it may have been around Halloween. I shouldn’t have watched it, it really freaked me out. I can’t even discuss the plot here. If you don’t know it, Google it, you’ll find out all about it! I also saw The Poseidon Adventure (1972) when I was about 7, but only the part after the water comes in. That actually gave me a lifelong phobia of boats and ferries!
10. If you had a magic power, what would it be?
To remove the calories from chocolate. That would be awesome!
11. And finally, what do you believe the future holds for you?
Wow, happy stuff, I hope. The last 6 years since Michelle got her brain injury in the car accident have been so hard, I really hope that our luck is turning. My magazine comes out in April so I’m hoping that people get behind it and spread the word. I’d love to do that, and the events website, full-time, so you never know!
Thanks for those great questions Vinnie, I had fun answering them.
Now it’s time for me to nominate 11 great blogs (though I could only choose 8!):
Cinema Parrot Disco
Mr Rumsey’s Film Related Musings
My questions for the lucky 8 who choose to accept my challenge are below:
1. Which film do you think everybody should see, and why?
2. If money were no object, what would you do with your time?
3. Do you have any funny responses when you receive spam phonecalls?
4. Is there any animal that you’d like as a pet, but can’t because they’re not really ‘in the house’ pets?
5. If a film was being made about your life, what would they call it and who would you want to play you?
6. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
7. What was your favourite place that you’ve ever been?
8. What’s your favourite quote?
9. What was the first record/cassette/CD/download single you ever bought?
10. What do you love most about where you live?
11. What made you start blogging?
So, I hope you enjoyed my blog post and good luck to my nominees!