I’m married to the British independent author Michelle McMurrie. Michelle is transgender and her books available so far were written under her previous name of Michael Pugh. We’ve been married since 2010 and live together in Liverpool, though I am originally from Leeds. As I am Michelle’s editor/publisher/publicist, I may blog about the occasional book related thing on here, but really this is my downtime blog where I get to relax, follow my friends’ blog posts and chat about fun stuff!
I love to create posts around fab things I’ve seen on Twitter.
I am obsessed with WordPress and I love to follow lots of different kinds of blogs…
– music and film blogs as I tend to blog mostly about my favourite music or films I’ve seen recently. I’ve picked up loads of film recommendations from film blog posts so my Netflix list is quite long at the minute!
– book blogs as I have always loved reading and I am always looking for recommendations to add to my Goodreads ‘to read’ list.
– any kind of cooking or baking blogs, as I’m not very good at cooking but there are so many recipes I want to try on people’s blog posts. Not a good idea to check their posts when you’re hungry as I usually end up craving everything I see! I save the recipes in an internet folder, and once I try the recipe in the future, I’ll be able to post the original recipe post. Credit where credit’s due!
– travel blogs as I love to visit new places.
– nostalgia blogs. I was born in 1978 so the decades of my childhood were the 1980s and 1990s. I love to reminisce about the music, fashions and trends of back then.
– craft and knitting blogs as I have always been interested in crafting and knitting. I have recently gotten back into knitting after not making anything for 25 years!
– aspirational and good news stories blogs. You hear so many negative and upsetting news stories in the media, and those blogs redress the balance by bringing positive and happy news stories into your life.
– nature and animal blogs. I love ducks, they are my favourite of all of the creatures and I would spend hours feeding them if I could.
– vegan blogs as we became vegan at the start of January 2016. We had been toying with the idea of becoming vegan for a long time, and feel so happy that we’ve taken the leap with it.
– healthy eating and weight loss blogs (especially Slimming World blogs) as I’m currently trying (semi-successfully) to lose weight, so I do post about my weight loss journey when I’ve got something to celebrate!
My other websites
As well as this downtime blog, I also run a family of websites under the ‘Merryn’ umbrella. You can read more about them below:
Merryn Books (interviews with UK and Ireland self-published authors)
Merryn Charity (interviews with UK and Ireland charities and community projects)
Merryn Magazine (a quarterly magazine which is on hiatus, but I am still blogging posts about things that interest me)
Merryn Music (interviews with UK and Ireland unsigned artists)
All in all it means I’m very busy but I wouldn’t have it any other way! 🙂